Many people prefer light text on the darker theme and many visually-impaired users find a high contrast or dark theme which is much easier to read. Windows 10’s widgets, menus, and Edge Browser has got a black or blue text on a white or grey background. And by tweaking few settings you can give a dark themeto your Windows 10. You can also learn about Recycle Bin.
Edit Themes in the Registry:
- 1st of all open the registry editor by pressing Windows+R or by typing regedit in the Run field.
- Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes by opening the tree from the left side of the window.
- Now create a new key by right clicking in the window pane and by selecting New>Key.
- Name the key Personalize and the open it.
- Now you need to create a new DWORD value by right clicking in the right pane and selecting New>DWORD.
- Name DWORD AppsUseLightTheme.
- Now set the DWORD’s value to 0 and double click on DWORD in order to open it.
- Now navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize.
- Now create a new DWORD (32-Bit) whose name is AppsUseLightTheme.
- Set its value to 0.
- Now close Regedit and the restart your PC.
Dark Theme in Windows Mail:
In order to set a dark theme in Windows Mail leaving all other menus untouched you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all launch Mail.
- Now click the gear icon from the lower left corner of the window to go to the setting menu.
- Now select personalization from the Setting menu.
- Now select the Dark theme.
- Your mailbox should now be darker then before.