Windows 10 has brought back the much talked about Start menu which was not included in Windows 8. Windows 8 was criticized for not including Start menu. The Start menu included in Windows 10 is not similar to the one in Windows 7 and many people out there are not liking this new looks of Start menu. The Start menu included in Windows 10 has not got list of icons and folders in fact the new Start Menu has got set of flashy but space wasting live tiles on the right side and frequently used applications on the left side. You can easily add live tiles but you can not pin simple icon on the left side like you can in Windows 7 as well as XP. Fortunately there is a way out as you can install a 3rd party Start Menu which looks and functions the way you want. Though there are many Start apps but the most feasible one Classic Shell as it is free and customizable. You can also learn about Turning OFF Notification and System Sounds in Windows 10.
- 1st of all you need to download and install Classic Shell version 4.2.2 or higher.
- During the installation process deselect Classic Explorer and Classic IE.
- Open the Classic Start Menu settings .
- If the settings are not already checked you need to check Show All Settings.
- Now navigate the Start Menu Style tab and choose Windows 7 Style.
- Now download the Windows 7 Start button image in order to make the Start Button look more authentic.
- Now navigate to the Start Button tab and select Custom button and browse to the image.
- Navigate to the Skin tab and then select Windows Aero from the pulldown menu.
- Now click OK and you will get classic Start menu of Windows 7.